Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What Is The Best Car You Have Had ?

View Single Post
post #64 of (permalink) Old 6th June 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Originally Posted by mickyboy10001 View Post
Yeah for sure the CVH engine was also easy to work on everything seemed easy to do less electronic parts to go wrong, in those days we had mechanic's not fitters liked you comment so will big up you rep mate quality
I agree so easy to work on, even the EFi version with a bit more electronics was very easy compared to todays engines. Think that one was the worst of the bunch, not as good as the MFi version, not as much poke! I could whip one in and out in a few hours, k maybe a bit longer! hardest part was lining it back up with the shaft on the gearbox, lots of wiggling!

Plus the one I had blew the Head gasket and then developed a crack in the head. Car got nicked shortly after and the stupid idiots nicked the engine and left me the shell !! :loser:
Currently in Mikey's garage:
1996 Mazda MX-3 V6, a 2002 1.2 8v Fiat Punto active (the Wife's!) and a 1998 Suzuki GN 125. Used to own a 2002 Laguna II Dynamique 1.8 16V (Now Sold yey!)

Last edited by Mikey; 6th June 2008 at 08:45 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome