Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio 2 Initiale airbags deployed

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 6th June 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via Skype™ to naztee
Originally Posted by Tiggerz_SRi View Post
Sorry to hear of the accident.
Thanks mate

Dont expect them to be cheap! Also fit them VERY carefully! They are explosive devices.

This brings me to my next point, As explosive devices, It is an offence to send them through the post, most couriers wont touch them so narrows your search.
I know that, and I have found them near me, so I'll collect them myself.

If you have never played with airbags, I wouldnt recomend fitting them yourself. You can loose limbs to them! HIGHLY dangerous!

As your asking how to do it, This would lean me to say DONT ATTEMPT IT YOURSELF.
Thanks for the warning, but I'm ok with handling them, although I won't

a renault breakers such as would be worth a call/email.
Thanks for the info, but I'm a bit far from the UK, I'm in Bosnia

May need a dealer reset on the ecu. TO have triggered the airbags, That must have been some whack, What did you hit? Are the chassis legs straight?
I have a guy in the Renault dealership who is willing to help me with the reset, however, I'm a bit wary as they could attempt to plug me a new unit.
Chassis legs are straight, because u had a side impact, the guy collided with me @ some 110 km/h or so, and he hit the wheel and my door. The car skidded for some 80 m (according to the Police), and I ended up hitting the ground on the side of the road, I destroyed a traffic sign with the passenger side.
The driver's and the passenger doors were ruined, some rear panel bodywork and one rear window. I found everything at the breakers, the car is functional and the rest is in the process of repairs.
Currently in naztee's garage:
2000 Renault Clio II ph1 1.6 16V Initiale Paris
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome