Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What Is The Best Car You Have Had ?

View Single Post
post #120 of (permalink) Old 6th June 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by lagdti View Post
I get to see allsorts of cars,and the Japanese stuff is by far and away the most reliable.

I can't think of any European manufacturer that makes cars with reliability to shout about,even the so called 'premium brands' of BMW and Merc have plenty of common faults.
Fair point, yes many europeans do have faults but the japs just don't appeal to me for comfort etc. I know the japs do make very good cars (whats the UK coming to when the japs are better? ) but it must be said I truly adore renaults efforts with the safrane!

Not only that, I'm turning quite a keen eye in the direction of Volvo cars. I've never heard bad things about Volvo cars. I went to them recently to find out about getting the belt done of the saff engine (volvo). Their workshop man came out and was spotless. Not a speck of oil on him anywhere. Not only that he wasn't pushed for time either. Obviously not a very busy business being a volvo engineer...

When the questors days are numbered I want a volvo if I can't find another saff in good condition...

Originally Posted by chiefkeefe View Post
Of the cars I've owned, the European ones had the character but it was the Japanese ones that were better designed and assembled.
Yes I agree with that. The euro cars do have character. Never liked jap cars, they just don't seem to have the look externally.
Currently in delta1066's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome