Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - broken key card Help Please!!!

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 8th June 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by rachylou View Post
I've seen that some people have already asked about the laguna key card, mine has broke it starts the car but none of the buttons work to lock the car, we dont have a spare, is it worth buying one off ebay or can they not be reprogrammed, if they can is it terribly difficult? trying save afew quid as cars already cost a fortune so far this year with one thing and annother.
thanks any advice appreciated, cars are alien to me!
If you're handy with a soldering iron then they can be easily fixed yourself. I've done both of mine. There's lots of advice on the Forums about how you do this and the typical faults.
The cards are 'welded' together which means that you need to cut them apart down the seam.

Both of mine are now held together with (clear) tape so that they are easily opened again should I need to (some people glue them back together).

If you want to fix it yourself I can provide the switches (if they are faulty or missing) for a small charge. These are exactly the same as the originals.

The other advice here is also good.

Currently in Eeeps's garage:
2011 Clio III dCi 88 Dynamique and 2016 CitroŽn Grand C4 Picasso Exclusive+ EAT6 2.0 BlueHDi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome