Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Internal ECU???

Thread: Internal ECU???
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 8th June 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by spottedhaggis View Post
Took my car in today to have the front drivers side brakes changed. only cost me £20 as I had the pads, just could not get the nuts loose.

anyway, during our conversation (I know the garage fairly well (Formula One - Maidstone)) I was told that there is an engine ecu and also an internal ecu . The internal one looks after all of the internal electrics, and does things like only let you open the window a little at a time rather than all at one go if your battery is low on power.

Can anyone confirm that this is true, and if so, is their any way to reset the internal ECU, since changing the battery for a brand new one the front windows still only open a little at a time, but the car starts each and everytime now, so assume the internal ECU (If its real) needs reset?
As mentioned in the other replys here the internal ECU is actually known as the UCH .
It's actually more complicated than that; there are micro processors all over the car; in the windows; the sun roof; the dash; the climate control; the auto seat position (if you have it); in the ESP/ABS; etc.

When the battery was disconnected the window controllers lost their anti-pinch settings. The procedure to reset these is described in the Forums.

It's also worth reseting the anti-pinch on the sun roof. Although you'll find the roof still seems to work the anti-pinch may not. Agin do a search of the Forums for instructions.

Currently in Eeeps's garage:
2011 Clio III dCi 88 Dynamique and 2016 CitroŽn Grand C4 Picasso Exclusive+ EAT6 2.0 BlueHDi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome