Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Engines - RX4 - Rear prop shaft bearings prematurely wearing ?

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11th April 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Originally Posted by Laguna II Owner
Interested to see if anyone else has suffered.
You won't be interested to know then, that I had a 2.0 petrol version and I truly loved it. Did > 120k in it in four years both here and in France. Apart from a rear shocker and a misfiring problem had no problems with it. I was sorry to see it go. Doubly sorry when this year my mate's RX4 coped on the snowy Alpine roads and I had to fiddle with snow chains on my new Grand Scenic. I had a good look round for good SH one before I bought the GS but they're as rare as rocking horse sh!t. When I PX'd it, the dealer said he had a list of 10 people who wanted to know if he ever got one in - they didn't want one with 120k on it though. He did go on to say that he was told a new 4WD version will be out in a year or two :-)
Not terribly relevant to this thread I know, but as a died-in-the-wool RX4 lover it doesn't take much for me to wipe that tear from my eye and eulogise over Old Rex.
Currently in tsyrett's garage:
Clio Campus 1.4D; Grand Scenic 1.9iD privilige
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome