Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Are They That Bad?

View Single Post
post #32 of (permalink) Old 8th June 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks for all the comments / pointers guys As I mentioned a few pages back I got one at the auctions last week.

Just done a trip down to Devon and back this weekend and the car went very well - a little droney at 80+mph on the motorway but other than that I'm quite impressed!

A few things though: (some copied and pasted from my previous post)

- Air con isn't blowing cold. I bought some regassing stuff try and do it myself but I can't due to a difference in valve size. I've since read on here that it's a 'garage'-only, so to that end I went to Kwik Fit this weekend only to find that they didn't have the adaptor they needed! Strangely though, the air con has now started working a little. Wierd! Still going to get it regassed though as I think it should go colder than it does.

- Temperature gauge in the centre console is all over the place! At one point today it was -36C apparently. Bloody freezing at the moment isn't it I guess it's just a sensor that needs changing - does anybody know the cost of the part and how hard it is to change?

- The passenger-side front door appears to have been changed at some point, as the rubbing strip says 1.9tdci (bit of a giveaway). The colourmatch seems to be OK, so can I just get a new strip to replace with the correct details?

- I'm getting a regular knock which increases as the speed increases. Gut feel is that it's a wheel bearing, unless anybody knows of any common faults that might sound like the same thing?

Thanks guys
Currently in alexs's garage:
'02 Laguna II Expression 1.8
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome