Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Are They That Bad?

View Single Post
post #34 of (permalink) Old 9th June 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to Azurael
Originally Posted by daft_plonk View Post
haha, i got my megane from an auction, and its got somthing similar, says alive on one side, ans 1.6 16v on the other, lol
Err... DP - almost all Renaults from the early 90s on are like this (bar some odd designations I've seen, like a Kangoo with just '4x4' on both sides) - they have some engine designation on one side (mine is 2.2D, but all of the 16v petrols seem to say just '16v', with no reference to capacity) and trim designation on the other (yours being Alize, and mine RN, for example) - have you never noticed that unlike nearly every other manufacturer, they don't have any of this detail on the back of the car?

However, I think alexs was not commenting on the fact that the different sides say different things, but that his door says '1.9dCi' when the car is a 1.8 16v!

What interests me is that these seem to be no particular way round, even in a given model. Perhaps they are on newer models, like the Lag II, where the rubbing strip inlays are asymmetrical, but mine says (from memory) 2.2D on the O/S and RN on the N/S, but I've even seen phase 1 Lag 1s the other way round, let alone other models!

All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Currently in Azurael's garage:
TEB64 (Cosmic Grey) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v Privilege Tourer (KG0B F4P-770)/TED44 (Odyssey Blue) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v 'Expressionale' Hatch (BG0B F4P-770)

Last edited by Azurael; 9th June 2008 at 02:49 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome