Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Are They That Bad?

View Single Post
post #36 of (permalink) Old 9th June 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by alexs View Post
Thanks for all the comments / pointers guys As I mentioned a few pages back I got one at the auctions last week.

Just done a trip down to Devon and back this weekend and the car went very well - a little droney at 80+mph on the motorway but other than that I'm quite impressed!

A few things though: (some copied and pasted from my previous post)

- Air con isn't blowing cold. I bought some regassing stuff try and do it myself but I can't due to a difference in valve size. I've since read on here that it's a 'garage'-only, so to that end I went to Kwik Fit this weekend only to find that they didn't have the adaptor they needed! Strangely though, the air con has now started working a little. Wierd! Still going to get it regassed though as I think it should go colder than it does.

- Temperature gauge in the centre console is all over the place! At one point today it was -36C apparently. Bloody freezing at the moment isn't it I guess it's just a sensor that needs changing - does anybody know the cost of the part and how hard it is to change?

- The passenger-side front door appears to have been changed at some point, as the rubbing strip says 1.9tdci (bit of a giveaway). The colourmatch seems to be OK, so can I just get a new strip to replace with the correct details?

- I'm getting a regular knock which increases as the speed increases. Gut feel is that it's a wheel bearing, unless anybody knows of any common faults that might sound like the same thing?

Thanks guys
Because the lag AC port is odd you should call ahead to make sure they can do it - my local kwik fits could. Or there is an adaptor on ebay but for 20 it would take a couple of DIY regasses to pay for itself.

Currently in bpowell555's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 2.2dCi Initiale, 1990 E30 325i Touring (Bavarian Tigzwerken Express)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome