Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Are They That Bad?

View Single Post
post #41 of (permalink) Old 9th June 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Originally Posted by Azurael View Post
Err... DP - almost all Renaults from the early 90s on are like this (bar some odd designations I've seen, like a Kangoo with just '4x4' on both sides) - they have some engine designation on one side (mine is 2.2D, but all of the 16v petrols seem to say just '16v', with no reference to capacity) and trim designation on the other (yours being Alize, and mine RN, for example) - have you never noticed that unlike nearly every other manufacturer, they don't have any of this detail on the back of the car?

However, I think alexs was not commenting on the fact that the different sides say different things, but that his door says '1.9dCi' when the car is a 1.8 16v!

What interests me is that these seem to be no particular way round, even in a given model. Perhaps they are on newer models, like the Lag II, where the rubbing strip inlays are asymmetrical, but mine says (from memory) 2.2D on the O/S and RN on the N/S, but I've even seen phase 1 Lag 1s the other way round, let alone other models!
And when the Lag1 whent from pahse 1 to phase2 they changed sides. The 2.0 16v said just that on the side where as the 1.6 and 1.8 just said 16v.
The lag11 just states the engine size as do all the newer renaults with the trim level hidden in th eglove box.
Currently in owenfackrell's garage:
2006 laguna II, initiale sports tourer 2.0Dci , but has had laguna 1 rxe (both phases) and a 98 clio rxe and a Laguna II Sports Tourer 1.9Dci Privilege and a Megane Coupe 2.0 16v in red and a 2007 57 plate megane II privilege 1.5 DCi estate (with Panoramic sunroof) and a 2001 Clio 1.4 Privilagein black.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome