Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic valuation. Is this obscene?*Sold*

View Single Post
post #25 of (permalink) Old 11th June 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via Skype™ to Shambles
Originally Posted by aasgmhill View Post
Cap shows the following value:

Renault Scenic Estate 1.6 16v Dynamique+ 5dr
Ins Group: 8
Valuation for a 52 plate with 5k miles:
Retail: 4250
Clean: 3175
Average: 2975
Below: 2750
Thanks for taking the trouble to do all that aasgmhill. It'll be printed shortly and passed on

Originally Posted by mickyboy10001 View Post
Hi there mate only just noticed your post, I was a trader for a while before I started mileage correction,I would say that the car is worth around 3850 private but sometimes that sort of mileage can often put people off a bit I have never been asked to recalibrate a odometer back to that low even on perfect cars that only had 25 thousand on them

I hope that you get a fair price for it mate.
Hi there. Father keeps the Scenic garaged, popping out only from time to time for a short run to the town centre (Bolton). That's one reason he had to have a new battery, and the reason the mileage is so unbelievably low. It's used regularly, but only briefly. Thanks for the reply

Originally Posted by USERNAME View Post
have a look on ebay , will give you the most realistic idea of it's value.
have sold a few cars on there and they've all, bar one, made a LOT more than i thought they would
Good idea. Now why didn't I think of that, doh!

Originally Posted by tom burton View Post
... As well as a cam belt/tensioners/aux. belt change I would want to strip all the brakes down, change the coolant and brake fluids and of course all the filters and an oil change....
When can you come over..?

Originally Posted by VelSatisfied View Post
The only advice I would offer is to cost out all these jobs which have appeared and decide whether its better to offer the car at top book with all these jobs done, or if its more cost-effective to sell the car at a price which takes the outstanding costs which await the next owner into account.

Unlike a trader, your only obligation is to describe a vehicle accurately, and sell a roadworthy vehicle....
Thanks for the down-to-earth advice, Paul. I'm pretty sure my fatha just wants the space, now he's got his Pe*g*eot 307.

Hey, nice swear filter

Once again, all very much appreciated. What a forum
Currently in Shambles's garage:
2008 Hyundai i30 CRDi 1.6L Black; 2003 RAV4 vvti NRG
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome