Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Turbo Diesel Engine Problems

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 18th July 2005
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Xileno, my Scenic 2 has done about 12000 miles and I, like you, wanted to change oil and filter before the 18,000 service.

I was interested in a deal that National were doing, oil change with semi-synthetic and filter for 15. However, Renault told me that if non-approved Renault filter was used then warranty would be invalidated. Unfortunately National will not let you provide a filter, you must use theirs.

Exact reply from Renault:

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding the servicing of your Renault Scenic 1.9dci.

I can confirm you are entitled to take your vehicle to a fast fit centre to carry out your service if you wish to do so. However, please be aware that any servicing must be carried out to Renault standards and using genuine Renault parts to prevent any implications on your warranty.

Thank you for taking the time to contact Renault and if you would like any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our dedicated Customer Services department on 0800 072 33 72. Our department is open from 8.30am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank holidays) and is committed to providing the best service in the industry.

So I would suggest you be very careful about your extra oil and filter changes in case you invalidate the warranty.

Its quite ironic that if you do more frequent changes to improve the life of the engine, you could get punished if something goes wrong. However, if you leave it till the 18,000 intervals, and something does go wrong, you will probably be covered!
Currently in scenicman's garage:
Scenic 2004 1.9dci Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome