Join Date: Sep 2005
Nominated 9 Times in 16 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 10
Thanked 3,511 Times in 2,879 Posts
Originally Posted by Ade
WebCode Ė Thanks for that info, my Laguna falls into that bracket so Iím keeping my fingers crossed!! If Iím unable to get a warranty claim or suitable contribution to the repairs Iíll probably have to do the work myself.
From v00d0019 post
BTW v00d0019 Good find
Wow # 6 I wonder what that extends to, if you've been airarsin up the motorway
- Replace oil supply lines and fittings. These lines often become plugged with decomposed oil which restricts oil flow and drainage.
- Do not used silicone or thread tape
- Make sure all openings to turbo are open and not plug or capped off.
- Shut off fuel or disable ignition and crank the engine for at least 15 seconds or until oil pressure is raised
- Allow engine to fast idle (1,000 RPM) for 3 - 5 minutes to seat turbo seals
- Always let engine idle for 3 -5 minutes before shut down, otherwise the
will continue to spin without
lubrication and pressure
- When changing oil, be sure to prime oil filter
Currently in hondo's garage:
1.6 Valve-Matic SR. Red hot, toasty feet.
Last edited by hondo; 22nd April 2006 at 06:55 PM.