Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - F reg Espace - Fuel pump relay...HELP!!!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th August 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
F reg Espace - Fuel pump relay...HELP!!!

Hi, I'm so pleased to have found this site. I hope it is going to help. This seems very long on reading it back, but I have tried to include all the facts...please bear with it, I need some help.

My Espace is o-l-d, but well used and loved (most of the time!). Yesterday it broke down. Been out and about, drove to local high street, parked and went off, When I came back, it would turn over, no problem, it just wouldn't fire. Ended up with the RAC being called out. We got it going, I drove 15 yards and it cut out (managed to roll it into a car park - followed by RAC mechanic). He ended up speaking to their technical team who agreed with what we had found - the fuel pump was not getting any current which meant duff fuse or relay.

I had the Haynes manual with me and we couldn't find anything in it. All the fuses were intact and the manual didn't list the relays (typical!). By now my mechanic friend (who does all the work on my car) had appeared. He and the RAC bod dissapeared under the bonnet on a relay hunt. The RAC tech guys insisted it was 'behind a headlight' wasn't/isn't. Somehow it came back to life - the pump buzzed as it primed and the car started. Yipee! So we ran it for 10 minutes and then drove it around the car park. No problems. RAC and mate were going to follow me to mates (in case it cut out again). As I waited for them to arrive behind me it cut out!

So we opened the fuse box and took each relay out in turn (the pump WAS priming again by now) and not one of them made any difference - the pump kept priming. In the end we got it going and I drove it (with baited breath) to mates house.

We still need to find this elusive relay for the fuel pump. HAs anybody got any idea where the damn thing is hidden??
  5 Lastest Threads by phasmid
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
F reg Espace - Fuel pump relay...HELP!!! Electronics Frank-JE 9 2309 19th August 2005 09:30 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome