Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Electric Windows Problem (but different)

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 14th June 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Electric Windows Problem (but different)

I have searched the forums (9 pages of results) and have not seen this problem listed.

The nearside rear window on my wife's 53 Scenic will not close correctly. It will lift and lower using both one-touch and normal operation.

when it reaches the fully closed position it then automatically lowers by about 6 inches. It does this if it is closed using one-touch, normal or when the windows close when locking the car. We can not fully lock the car at present because when locking it fully closes the window which then re-opens. It is possible to close the window 99.9% by inching it up gently and stopping just before the fully closed position.

I have tried the reset method by lowering the window and holding the switch down but that made no difference. I cannot do a reset in the closed position becase when I hold the swich in the up position the window re-opens.

I have checked the guides and seals around the window as much as I can without taking the door apart to see if the window was imaginiing there were little fingers trapped and that was causing the problem.

I can not get the car to a dealer until Friday so if anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated.

Currently in Zog's garage:
Laguna II Turbo Est while the better half drives a Scenic 1.4
  5 Lastest Threads by Zog
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Replacement Key Card From France Electronics Nick 24 6403 8th February 2009 05:06 PM
Automatic Lighting Light Level Electronics SportTourer 4 1154 21st January 2009 06:00 PM
Keycard not being read Electronics Zog 4 1273 27th November 2008 10:40 AM
Can you Identify This LED Please Electronics bigiainw 8 1664 27th October 2008 06:09 PM
Electric Windows Problem (but different) Bodywork tinker2 2 1199 14th June 2008 07:36 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome