Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Twingo Aftermarket Stereo & iPod Adapter help

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 16th June 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Twingo Aftermarket Stereo & iPod Adapter help

I am having trouble with a JVC stereo working in my Twingo GT. Iíve replaced the factory stereo with a JVC head unit, which also comes with a JVC iPod adapter. I havenít yet found a Harness adapter for the new Twingo, so Iíve rewired the Plug from the stereo (leaving the car audio wiring untouched).

The stereo works, as does the CD Player, but Iím having trouble with a few other things things. 1 is the memory, or lack thereof in the unit. Every time I start the car, the audio presets are gone, and the CD starts from the beginning rather than where I got up to. Also, the iPod adapter does not work. It will recognise the adapter on occasion, but will display an error code which suggests a connection error between the adapter and the head unit (which there isnít as far as I can tell)

Head Unit: JVC KD-G421
iPod adapter: JVC KS-PD100

What I really need is a Haynes type manual for the new Twingo, but they ainít got one yet!

Can anyone help?
Currently in giscott's garage:
2007 Twingo 1.2 TCE GT in Mercury Silver
  5 Lastest Threads by giscott
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Twingo Aftermarket Stereo & iPod Adapter help Electronics Phonebox 5 3592 16th June 2008 01:48 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome