Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Laguna II - dci Engine Management Light *Fixed*

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th June 2008 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault - Laguna II - dci Engine Management Light *Fixed*

This may help anyone suffering similar problems on their 1.9dci engine.

My engine management light would light up and engine power would drop to limp mode. Sometimes this would happen half a dozen times on one journey, and sometimes not for a few weeks or even months. It would stay this way until I stop and re-start the engine, when the light would go off again and power would return. It seemed to (sometimes) come on after a bit of acceleration - like joining a motorway on an incline and accelerate to 70mph then, while still on the incline, lift foot a bit and change into 6th and hold 70mph. I could never bring the fault on deliberately, and it seemed to appear less often if I had cleared the soot out the engine by revving its testicals off in second and third gear.

Anyway I recently had the chance to look under the bonnet with the fault present and found a sensor buzzing. After stopping/starting the engine the light went out and the sensor wasn't buzzing. I've now changed the sensor and seem to have cured my problem. It's a TURBO PRESSURE REGULATING SOLENOID and it lives under the bonnet on the drivers side near the top strut mounting. It has an electric connector and two vacuum hoses going to it. It was about 30 from Renault.

If anyone else suffers similar symptoms I'd recommend checking this, as it has driven me mad for over three years now - for the sake of thirty quid!!
Currently in mister_cee333's garage:
Toyota Avensis 1.8. Formerly Jaguar X Type Sport d 2005. Formerly 2001 Laguna 2 1.9 dCi
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mister_cee333 For This Useful Post:
natehall (15th April 2011), si drambuie (7th November 2011)
  5 Lastest Threads by mister_cee333
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Sold my Laguna (and off-putting comments for... Cars & motoring TTT 7 2446 6th November 2008 08:06 AM
Advice Wanted - Which Sat Nav to Choose? Cars & motoring mister_cee333 9 1766 24th October 2008 06:36 PM
X Type Jaguar Diesel Non Starter Engines madnoel10 1 1782 28th September 2008 03:30 PM
Renault - Laguna II - dci Engine Management Light... Laguna Tolak 24 33015 17th June 2008 07:56 PM
Renault Laguna 2 - Knock From Front Near Side Wheels & tyres toaster999 12 7290 1st June 2008 09:45 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome