Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Speedo intermittant tonight.... 99 Espace 2.0 16v - Help locate fault.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th June 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Speedo intermittant tonight.... 99 Espace 2.0 16v - Help locate fault.

On the way home tonight the speedo went to zero, then occasionally 80 + mph (whilst doing 40), then back to blank. This is the second time this has done it. The forst time I just turned off the ignition and restarted and it was OK. This time that didnt work and it was doing it again still with the engine cold this evening.

I've had a look through past threads advising the sensor may be on the wheel or the gearbox. I've had it up on the ramps - on the wheel hubs - on the near side there appears to be a sensor (a thin wire in colour) just tied round a part of the hub and further up the srtut it is cut. So it cant be that - as otherwise it would be intermittant.

Also on the hub is what appears to be a toothed cog with a senso on both front wheels. I've cleaned them with brake dust cleaner.

On the gearbox, tucked away to the left of the brake servo on top of the gearbox is a wite with a large connection - which I can only think is the sensor, i've twisted and turned it and WD40'd it - and it seems to be working again but I'm not convinced I;ve got the right bit. Any advice out there???

A picture would be good of what I'm looking for.
Currently in kitchpoo's garage:
Espace 2.2 Dci Dynamique + Signum 3.0 CDTI V6 and a Kia Rio 1.25 VR7
  5 Lastest Threads by kitchpoo
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Espace - 05 2.2 DCi Powerbox - Wiring location Electronics kitchpoo 4 339 26th July 2015 08:35 AM
Struggling with the Cobra Alarm Electronics ottoman 1 1242 22nd November 2008 10:46 AM
Mk3 Original Mat Sets Interiors bigx1000 3 1063 8th July 2008 07:39 AM
Broke a piece! 2.2 Espcae MK3 2001 Dci*Fixed* Engines ottoman 5 1514 28th June 2008 08:17 PM
Espace Instrument Panel - Front Perspex... Electronics mr espace 3 908 21st June 2008 07:41 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome