Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Have I done the right things????

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 12th April 2006 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by Hann666
Joe, sorry if I missed it, but did you actually leave the car with them?, I'm guessing not.

From my situation, I have just had mine serviced according to the manual, at an independant for less than half the price Renault qoute, and with no extra's added on.

I think if its your first couple of services a proper Renault service is required, but in my case 54K (3rd) I did not hestitate in using the independant and trustworthy option.

Hi Steve,
It's the second service because it will be 4 years old on 15th May. And it has only done 21600 miles.

I didn't leave it with them because I asked questions when told they didn't need both my keys (the book requires the replacement of the "1620" batteries). That's how it started.

I'm perfectly happy to use an independent garage but, as I have been reading so many tales of woe here and on Parker's, I thought I'd let them do it in case there is quibbling if the rest of my ign coils go.

You may wish to correct me here, but shouldn't they have changed all the coils when the first one went under warranty? I mean yeah! An electrical device is not mileage dependent, and should last indefinitely. When something like this occurs in several cars, alarm bells should ring because power supply should be stable and most electrical damage is caused by surges or wetness (e.g. windows badly sealed, water gets in, drainage blocked and puff go your door electrics/onics). So were the coils themselves faulty or the electrics when 3 out of 6 coils go for a burton??? That's why I had decided to use the main dealership but I draw the line on paying them over 300 for not much more than an oil change. I would have been happier for them to say, "These jobs all need doing and this is what they'll cost". They tried to make me a captive customer, and that's underhand and unethical in my opinion.

Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome