Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - extra door pin removal

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 18th June 2008
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,199 Times in 4,711 Posts
Sorry Raa - maybe I gave you wrong instructions. I didn't realise you vehicle was of the older type. As far as I can remember some of the older type pins where actually screwed in and had a Torx head. But having a look at your pics it appears to have ahad a welded repair sometime in the past and someone seems to have used a straight pin. I think I detected what apeared to be internal threads in one of your pics. It is possible the original was worn or seized. I suggest its a case of making do with what you have. You could try using a short drift with a pair of pliers and seeing if you can get a dig at it. Try not to damage the end of the pin as it would make it much more difficult. I suggest you soak it well with WD40 or the like first although you may have to resort to heat which may damage the paintwork, etc. Have you been able to source the correct new pins which may give a clue as to their fitting and removal. Good luck and keep us posted
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome