Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane 2 - Radio Freezes*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 18th June 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
The stereo in my 2000 Scenic died. I don't know the cause but I know how frustrating it can be.
Suggest as a starter for ten that you remove the unit and check it out. Mine smelt like it had burned out (metallic burning smell). See if you have the same. Give it a shake and see if you can hear a rattle - i.e. has anything worked loose....I had a small capacitor fall out of mine.
Given your symptoms I reckon the faul is with the receptors for the buttons. They may well have worn out (like on a telly remote control).
If all seems ok, give it 30 mins or so and try it again. If not then it's a choice between a trip to the dealer or a new radio. Alternitively if you have a local independant car radio place then that might be your best bet. Ask them to check it out for you. If you need to replace it try to blag a free fitting or pay for fitting. Unless you are fairly patient and know what you are doing, replacement is fairly hard work ( took me a good 3 hours and I've installed a number of car radio's (more than 10) in the past). Hope this helps mate. Let us know how you get on. Rob
Currently in Rob7777's garage:
Renault Scenic 2.0 16v (F4R) 2000 W reg and Volvo V40
The Following User Says Thank You to Rob7777 For This Useful Post:
Axelinooo (8th October 2010)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome