Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Climate control and Voice synthesiser!!!

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 19th June 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by dave_mezza2006 View Post
Thing is on the Lag its not just the voice, it starts with a big loud Tada noise - thats scares the beejeebeez out of me everytime I hear it
Same with my saff but the noise is more "bing ding dong" if that makes sense. Like you say, scares the pants off me whenever it sounds as it only seems to monitor the stuff which might be expensive to fix!

Luckily though its saved itself once telling me "Warning engine oil is critically low, turn off your engine immediately" when the oil filter fitting dropped off and leaked out all the oil . Another time on the motorway when the bonnet wasn't clipped down properly - no music just "Bonnet... Bonnet... Bonnet". The bonnet warning probably saved our lives that day so I'm very grateful it started talking when it did because the bonnet is so long you can't see it moving..

The most common message is the one telling me to turn on the air con. I've never had a light warning yet, had a few open door messages but the worst one its told me is:

"Warning system malfunction, consult your renault dealer" which seemed to be spoken every few times I started the engine. I tracked it down to the fuel filler cap not being tightened up properly - meaning there wasn't a tight seal and thus the pressure system was not properly pressurized. Once I realised I had to check, double check and triple check the filler cap after every refuel, I've not had it speak that message since. The system malfunction speech is definately the most scary though...
Currently in delta1066's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome