Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Voice synth.... Does it synth or is it pre-recorded?

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 19th June 2008 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Of course the L&H TTS engine apparently provides speech recognition too. It would be very nice to be able to get in and simply say "start"... the computer uses its voice analysys to check you are the driver, starts the engine, adjusts the seats & mirrors etc. Would make a very groovy car....

Alternatively (and far simpler) it scans for a bluetooth device such as a mobile phone. As soon as the driver sits on the seat (thus activating the seat belt warning switch) the car starts. There are some very smooth voices out there for TTS on windows... I might look into buying one or two at some point in the future.

Another thing I'd like to incorporate is windows that automatically wind up when you lock the car and a air con mode to cool the car down on a sunny day - IE sensor detects its getting hot, starts the engine, turns on the air conditioning until the car reaches a cool temperature and then shuts down again though obviously this would need to be manually turned on - IE if you're out for the day and want it cool when you come back to the car.

Theres tons of other stuff I could think of doing too...
Currently in delta1066's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome