Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - MOT Questions And Advice

View Single Post
post #119 of (permalink) Old 19th June 2008
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,200 Times in 4,712 Posts
Hi ALLYZ66 - I have no doubt your car may be perfectly roadworthy but if what you say is true regarding your mate issuing an MOT certificate without the inspection as laid down by law are you not concerned that you may involved in the crime of fraud.
If what you say is true I personally am of the opinion that this type of action should be utterly condemned and not seen to condoned in any fashion as I believe such behaviour undermines what is seen as a vital safety aspect which involves not only other road users but also the public at large. Furthrmore it undermines the integrity if the MOT system. If this information was ever discovered by VOSA it is likely not only may criminal action ensue but the garage concerned would loose it right to MOT cars. This could not only lead to a loss of business for the company concerned but also job losses (including your mate) none of which is good for all concerned.
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome