Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Immobiliser and glow plug light

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th June 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Immobiliser and glow plug light

Hi there, new to the forum so apologise if I am asking something that has already been asked.

I have a 53 plate Clio Dynamique 1.5 dCi about 64000 miles which has just sat unused for 3 weeks as I have been away on holiday.

When attempting to start on our return the immobiliser will not switch off and the glow plug lamp will not even come on (am I just being silly or will this not come on if the immobiliser has not swithced off). The immobiliser lamp on the dash remains constant and does not switch off at all. The car will crank over but will not fire and cuts off after a few cranks. This process can be repeated and the battery has been tested.
Had the break down out who had no diagnostics so just done a wiggle check of all leads.

I work away from home so my wife is dealing with this and is at the end of her tether with it so any advice would be most appreciated.

Can the immobiliser on a car of this age be over ridden like the older models?
Currently in jacknavy's garage:
2003 Renault Clio II 1.5dCi dynamique
  5 Lastest Threads by jacknavy
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio loss of power and ABS fault Engines jacknavy 3 2043 24th June 2008 11:35 AM
Immobiliser and glow plug light Electronics jacknavy 2 921 19th June 2008 07:44 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome