Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 08 Megane DCI 106 MPG?

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 20th June 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I can't believe they mis-sold you on the road tax that is just so unbelievably stupid

Someone else posted how the "manufacturer figures" are actually independently verified following a comon testing process. I'm inclined to believe this when you consider what they feed into - you literally can't "just make them up". Which is not to say they aren't a best case scenario...

Also, ignore the renault tech - sounds like you've got a dud there. Clearly if its quoted at 60mpg you should if only following certain behaviour be able to get close if you try.

The best thing to do is reset the mpg meter every now and then and find when the mpg is good and bad. She might just be driving in at too low or too high revs for intance. My 2.2 will easily return 50mpg at 50mph in fifth, and about 44 at 85 in 6th. If the little ol meggy can't do something similar then something is definitely wrong.

Watch that mpg meter and reset it if it stops moving (the lagII doesn't have constant instant readout but I'm guessing a new car should have - the lag has to be reset after a distance because it only gives an average).

Accelerating up a hill I can easily knock it down to 20mpg. If you do that for a while you'll kill your average.

Currently in bpowell555's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 2.2dCi Initiale, 1990 E30 325i Touring (Bavarian Tigzwerken Express)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome