Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Scenic II - No spare wheel??

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 19th August 2005
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs down Don't risk it without a spare

We brought a new Grand Scenic a year ago with no spare, what a mistake. Was assured by the dealer that the tyre inflation kit would work fine. That is until the tyre value sheared off in my hand whilst unscrewing the dust cap whilst checking the tyre pressures thus letting all the air out. No inflation kit is going to fix that so I was forced to call the AA to come and take the entire wheel to Kwik-fit to have the value replaced. This after an argument over the phone with Renault Assistance who were saying it was classed as a puncture and so would charge to come to my aid. After much shouting finally managed to persuade AA Renault Assistance that a sheared off value on a 3 month old car was a manufacturing fault and they agreed to come out with no charge. 2 hours later the AA man returned with our wheel. To top it off whilst the wheel was in the care of the AA, Kwik fit apparently lost the tyre pressure monitor for which Renault tried to charge us for when we took it back to the dealer to find out why the monitor was still saying we had a puncture. I would never buy a car without a spare again thats for sure and not very impressed with Renault for there help, or lack of!!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome