Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Should I replace a 52 with an 05?

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 20th June 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by coups View Post
It is very tempting. I know what the dealer is doing and it seems to be working. He is making me think about a change. We're going along to the garage tomorrow when they're having one of these 'promotion weekends', bbq and kids enterainment etc... I know they're going to try and get us to sign for a car while the kids are running about so that our sensible heads not working properly, I can see it now.

It'll have to be a spectacular deal to make us change because we do like the car we have now. I can't say I'm a fan of the central digital dashboar display in the newer cars.

The Grand Scenic is a bigger car and I wonder if the 1.6 would be a little underpowered.

We'l have to see how desperate the dealer is to shift his stock and what he offers.

I will definately update you all and thank you for your messages.

Defo have a test drive in as many of the models in the range as you can.

Have a drive in a Grand Scenic the handling can be wooly try the 5 seater as a comparison.

If they have a large stock of Scenic IIs they might be ex Motability cars and some tho low mileage have had a hard life.

Different tyre/wheel combinations can make a huge difference to the Scenic IIs driving characteristics.

I personally would say the Scenic IIs reliability is no worse than the Scenic I.

Early cars suffered from the same maladys as the Megane II but to a lesser extent.

A huge difference in the Scenic II compared to the Scenic I.

I would not buy a Scenic II without a long & comprehensive warranty as in any modern car
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome