Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Wheels and Tyres - Tyre Pressure Sensors - Member experiences and solution

View Single Post
post #341 of (permalink) Old 20th June 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Lag 2 Changing a wheel for spare tyre

Is there someone kid enough to help me, sort out a puzzling issue:
2 day's ago i kerbed my front passenger wheel. ripped the tyre wall & damaged the 17" silverstone alloy. Today i took the car to a alloy repair shop they took the whole wheel off & put on the spare for me (which ive never used before)

My understanding is that the spare does not have a tyre pressure sensor in it, is that correct?

Okay on my way home about 5 mile after the spare had been put on the BACK RIGHT TYRE disappeared & the orange puncture symbol come on the dash. (have to mention i have NEVER had any tyre pressure issues in the 9months i have owned the laguna).

So i started reading through this thread & found the thing about the coloured rings. ALL my wheels are in the wrong place!!! very odd. not a single one matches. Since ive owned it ive only had the front 2 tyres changed 4months ago & had no probs then, i assumed they put the wheels back on the correct axle.

I have read that if a wheel is put back on the wrong hub then the sensor would go crazy all the time. Is that not true? Or is it just a case of, if something does go wrong with one of the tyres it will read out the incorrect location, like wwhat is happening with me.

I hope i have explained this correctly so people understand. Put if anyone has expeience with using the spare & then fitting the original back on please reply.

The main thing im concered about is when i pick up my alloy 2moro (front left) that the back right tyre will still be missing.

Does refitting a wheel with orginal valve cure this missing tyre or does the car need the sensor reprogramming to it?

Thank you in advance.

Currently in 007inda's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna 1.8i 16v Dynamique / 2004 Scenic II 1.4 Expression
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome