Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Should I replace a 52 with an 05?

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 21st June 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by coups View Post
Thanks Ottoman. The warranty is a strong bargining point. When we bought the 52 plate the dealer gave us a two year warranty / servicing and MOT agreement. This finished last month and any problems will now have to come out of my pocket. I'm not against the Scenic II but I really like the look of the original version.

All the Scenic II's being advertised are 1.6 Dynamique's and are all the Grand version. I never even thought of motability - that would fit right enough. Anything special to look out for? You mentioned the wheel / tyre sizes. What do you think is the best combination, we would be wanting comfort rather than sporty ride and handling, it is a family 7 seater after all!

My eldests twin friends are staying tonight and we're all going for a picnic tomorrow.... 7 seats would be handy....

If they are ex Motability cars they will all come with a spare wheel, this is slung underneath the car.

cars need very careful checking, seats fold and move as they should, as some can get twisted due to overloading when folded flat, have a sit in car and have a good fiddle with everything.

Ensure all the recall work has been carried out on the car by visiting the VOSA site.

If it is A Renault main dealer that is selling the cars they can give you a history of any warranty work that was carried out.

Check the service history very carefully service threshold is + or - 1000 miles or + - a month if outside this criteria Renault will not entertain any claim outside the 3 year warranty the car originally came with, Renault's own extended warranty is very very good if rather expensive, but the cost can be negotiated.

Happy hunting Coups.

Remember if your happy with your existing car why change at a high cost to change, It's a buyers market out there
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome