Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Wheels and Tyres - Tyre Pressure Sensors - Member experiences and solution

View Single Post
post #346 of (permalink) Old 21st June 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
cheers for the help.

Just to update. Some of my tyres are uni-directional. I have gone through the other 3 tyres & defalted them to 20psi on at a time, then took the car for a quick drive round the block after each defalte & inflate. Turns out even though all rings/wheels are in wrong location, that the front right & back left function correctly & that it is the front left (repaired one) & back right that display opposite to each other when i defalte the tyre. I'm guessing at some point the last owner of my laguna had the pressure sensors re-programmed.

Main thing i was worried was inflating them back & if the warnings would ever go away & they did :-) phew.

So my mission 2moro is to get my local garage (non-dealer) to swap front left & back right wheels around & they will have to swap the tyres too on both as they are uni-directional ones.

What would a reasonable charge be for doing this? 10-20 maybe is that about right, as its pointless me swapping the wheels around myself onto the right hubs as the tyres need changing around anyway.

Currently in 007inda's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna 1.8i 16v Dynamique / 2004 Scenic II 1.4 Expression

Last edited by 007inda; 21st June 2008 at 05:30 PM. Reason: update on my tyre issue.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome