Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic Central Locking

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 22nd June 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I haven't removed the offside boot trim but I have removed the near side on my 2000 Scenic.

With the exception of the 2 screws near the tailgate opening I don't think there is anything else holding the trim in except clips. I seem to recall you need to remove the speaker part first then the others, but I can't remember the order. You should be able to see which piece is overlapping another.
They are held in by plastic prongs going into correspnding slots and clipping in place. I removed mine with gentle persuasion using a flat paint scraper so's not to damage the plastic trim edges. Can't recall where the actual clips are but I found them by trial and error.

If you succeed in removing the trim refitting is much easier. However, make sure you don't trap the sunroof drain pipe in the corner of the boot otherwise you will have water in your boot from an overflowing sunroof.

Sorry I couldn't be more positive in describing it.

The Haynes Manual says for removing the speaker trim:-

"Using a flat bladed screwdriver(I used paint scraper), release the three clips on the lower edge of the speaker grill, located on the rear wheel arch cover trim panel. Lift grill upwards and pull it towards the centre of the vehicle to remove".

You can then remove the other trim sections using a similar method.

Looking in the Haynes book I noticed that in the event of the fuel lid central locking mechanism completely failing there is supposed to be a manual release pull behind the access to rear light bulbs cover. Don't know which models this refers to but I can't see one on mine.
Currently in Charenton's garage:
2000 Renault Scenic 1.6 Alize
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome