Join Date: Mar 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
I maybe able to help you here. (had the same on both my Scenics). Follow these steps. The instructions are for a Scenic but the principal should be the same.
1. There are two torque screws in each front wheel arch (see the photo). Remove these.
2. Next peel back the plastic trim to gain access to the wheel arch.
3. There will most likely be loads of cr*p inside the arch. Dig as much out as you can by hand (water may pour out behind it as happened on one of mine) use hosepipe to clear it if necessary.
4. Next look for the plastic drain hoses (a thin bore hose with a black cap on the end. Make sure that the end is clean and free from crud.
5. Next lift the bonnet and go to the corner of the black plastic trim that the wipers sit on. Look around it and you should see the drains (under by the bonnet hinges). Check that they work by pouring water into them and seeing if it comes out of the drain hoses in the wheel arch. If not clear them. I used a wire coat hanger but I guess you could use anything similar or maybe even a blast from the hose.
6. Reassemble and hopefully it's done the job.
Currently in Rob7777's garage:
Renault Scenic 2.0 16v (F4R) 2000 W reg and Volvo V40