Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Interiors - Electric Window Problems - Regulator Repairs

View Single Post
post #211 of (permalink) Old 24th June 2008
The motor will still fit, all you need do is gently prise up the 4 retianing clips on the existing regulator and remove the unit you will see it has a 2 pin connector which plugs into the motor, all motors are standard 2 pin, it is also possible to buy just the mechanical part of the window mech and use the old motor, it is just held on by a few screws and you can transfer the motor and regulator onto the new unit. As far as the window is concerned it will be necessary to get it down to about half way to get at the retaining clips and to remove the glass so as to fit the new mech , it is likely that the cable has snapped with the window closed so it may need some (gently applied) brute force to get the window down if however the motor is faulty thst's a more difficult thing to overcome and may mean dropping the whole mech and glass down and removing the glass clips that way, I've not heard of anyone having to do that as it is invariably the cable that will have snapped.
When my driver's side mech went the main dealer was reluctant to admit it had a 29way connector even though I took pics and showed him, so if it had not been for this forum I may not have fixed the problem.
good luck
P.S. the 29 pin unit houses the seat position sensor (I think)

Last edited by MIKE4369; 24th June 2008 at 02:37 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome