Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 1.9dci wont boost glowplug warning light on

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 24th June 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1

I have had the same issue and mine was cleared up by reading the forum here

Renault Laguna 2 - 1.8 16v Throttle Problem*FIXED*

(post #14 by trevstamf) - thats the one that pointed me right..........where he mentioned checking the connections of the ECU (under the battery mount plate).

I did that at the weekend and no-more warning light. :-) Just remove the battery and all associated trim pieces and its located directly below the battery mount plate ( 3 bolts easily removed with a big Flat-blade screwdriver). I removed the connections cleaned them off although the looked ok,wiggled the wiring and put it back together and all is tickety-boo. It took me an hour or so - not bad for an IT engineer as I sure as heck ain't a mechanic

However i now have the issue where it is belching black smoke when changing up thru the box but cruises ok, so the threads are suggesting cleaning the EGR which I am going to attempt tonight.

Mine is a 1.9dci sport grandtour (full options) and has done 220,000kms (I live in Belgium & drive all over France, Switzerland and down to Italy with it regularly )and except for the usual suspects mentioned on the forum, I haven't had any major turbo issues at all, although i have changed the gearbox twice in a year (as the first replacement was a duffer). THAT is not something for the weak-of-pocket. Renault Belgium wanted 3200, and independant wanted 2600 so I sourced a guaranteed box in the UK and had it delivered & fitted for under 1600 by the same independant. So far - (touch wood) - all is ok except the black smokey stuff

I'm coming "home" to Glasgow in a couple of weeks so I want it going sweet.

Hope that link helps you too mate........
Currently in Maq's garage:
2010 Range Rover Sport HSE (LHD) & Clio 1.4 16v RTE (LHD)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome