Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Part Time Non Starting Problem.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th June 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Exclamation Part Time Non Starting Problem.

Firstly can I please state that I am in no way an expert in anything vehicular, so please excuse my dumb way of putting things.
My better half currently drives a 2001 Scenic 1.6 Petrol Dynamique.
For the past 6 months it has, (on this only happened every now and again), refused to start. This can happen whether the engine is cold or hot. Sometimes just locking her up and coming back some minutes later could be enough, for it to start up.
Most of the time up to now it stars fine, but in the last couple of days, it has become a bit more regular.
I'm not sure if these things store fault codes, and if they give any kind of warning that they are storing codes, but there are no flashing lights on the dash to tell me there’s a problem.
I'm loathed to take this to a main stealer and have them plug it in, find no faults, then start replacing things willy-nilly, until they happen across the correct part. That could end up costing a small fortune.
So, boys and girls, can anybody give me any guidance, as to what the problem may be?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  5 Lastest Threads by RossPhim
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Part Time Non Starting Problem. Electronics davesss 8 1311 26th June 2008 10:01 AM
Engine BHP Engines SportTourer 10 1782 26th April 2007 08:51 PM
Hello Peeps! Welcome to RenaultForums chris m 4 626 24th April 2007 06:45 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome