Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - EGR Valve Check - Service item?

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 15th April 2006
Banned User
Curveball Champion
Nominated 9 Times in 16 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 10
Thanked 3,511 Times in 2,879 Posts
Originally Posted by VEL SATISfied
When picking the car up I was told, "everything done but we have not checked the EGR valve as this is not part of the service routine and would require a strip down just to be able to see it. This would take in excess of 1hr but we have done a exhaust check and pressure check and everything is ok so don't worry about it".
Does anybody know if this is right?
VEL SATISfied I don’t know how long it takes to actually clean or inspect the EGR valve, but I do know that a Renault dealer sealed mine in with gasket sealant because of continual leakages after 16K miles which now leaves me somewhat disbelieving that there still maybe an underlying and not solved problem, the reason I have these doubts is because the main Renault man on here, says gasket sealants are not required because the genuine Renault EGR valve gasket is of a crushable steel type that requires no sealant, sorry I’m droning on a bit, the point is I complained about the need to step outside Renaults procedure of not using any, gasket sealant and was told.

“Bring the car back in we will remove the EGR valve and replace the gasket without any sealants this will take no longer than 15 minutes” While you wait

For more information on this EGR problem Click here

and here knacked turbo
Another esteemed member on the forum has since advised me via PM, that the only place this engine oil can be coming from is the Turbo .

BTW My turbo was replaced after it displayed these signs of leaking oil through the EGR valve.

S’funny after the turbo was replaced the EGR valve still leaked engine oil , of which I am reliably told can only becoming from errm, JC the turbo !!
Renault collected the car from work kept it a couple of day, on this occasion, a none required gasket sealant had been used.
Currently in hondo's garage:
1.6 Valve-Matic SR. Red hot, toasty feet.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome