Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane - Engines - Engine juddering!!! please help!

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 15th April 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Similar problem, but I've *not* replaced an engine mount. When starting to drive, unless I am VERY easy on the clutch, the engine will judder, as if I am being erratic with the clutch. Once into second/third gear the problem does not seem to be there.

I'm thinking that this IS the engine mount (front drivers side under p/s pump), but I've also noticed a crack in the lower front (middle of car) of the subframe, is it safe to weld this? How important is the subframe? to start with I thought this was part of the chassis, but from thickness of the metal I'm guessing it's more of a 'safety feature', designed to bend taking impact in event of a front end crash.

Only got this car 2 weeks ago, and although I do really like it, it's becoming a nightmare, already spent too much on it!

My vehicle, 1998(S) Megane Classic, Saloon, 1.6 Manual g/box.

1a. Subframe, could a problem here cause the engine to feel 'loose' when taking up acceleration?
1b. Can subframe be safely welded? if not what's involved in replacing?

2. Can anyone recommend where I can get a replacement engine mount at a reasonable price, am finding these difficult to obtain locally (North East).

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome