Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Legally bound?

Thread: Legally bound?
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 15th April 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by vass20
Did the car come with Bluetooth connectivity or connectivity and phone? If it comes with both, they should make it work for you. If it didn't, you may be resposible for your own set's installation. There should be instructions in your manual on how to establish communications between car and set.

Two more things, Milady, in case I am confused:
[1] Do you have anything in writing about any phone transfer you stipulated and they agreed to do for you?
[2] Do you currently have a working phone supplied with the car by them?

What the hey! I'll throw in a third:

Whaddya mean 'might' be your last... only one way to combat institutionalised bad service and that is an intransigent resolve to look elsewhere for your next purchase.... and make sure they know it. You will probably receive a call from Renault's surveyors soon asking you how your complaint was handled, by whom and how satisfied with the outcome. Keep some notes to communicate to the enquirer and tell them you want your name left on the survey sheet. If you haven't yet complained to Renault UK Customer Services in London, you should do so. It became apparent to me that the first contact one makes [to complain] is met by juniors who are directed to deny liability. Go further up the ladder and you may receive better consideration from more reasonable employees.

Good luck, Milady and please persevere. If commonsense suggests they are treating you unfairly and that they are liable, then they probably are. By the way, a verbal contract is also binding but unfortunately more difficult to prove.

p.s. Was that a new car you purchased or used?
Hello again
Ok here goes - car was purchased in December 2005 ex demonstrator (2/3 months old)with Carminat satellite navigation and bluetooth phone facility - no phone supplied.
Made sure by changing phone and network that it was compatible - checked Renault web site. Phone reception actually improves if you use without enabling bluetooth.

Part of the purchase arrangement was a good working phone kit as I need it (work in the community) and was assured that nothing else was needed it would be perfect. Husband had to find out about cradle to connect in to aerial direct as garage said they did not do anything like that for this system.

As you've guessed nothing in writing - husband says keep taking it back until they fix it.
One other thing that may amuse you - warning display for oil change has come on (4500 miles only) when contacted first reply from garage was to bring car in and they would disconnect this to stop it showing when I start the car !

Thank you for quick response.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome