Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Rear Suspension Knock,Shock Absorbers Commonly Snapping

View Single Post
post #59 of (permalink) Old 30th June 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Seems we have different builds on hands***8230; In my case the lower bolt holes are tapped through all the way. The shock lower mounting also has a hollow boss or protrusion which fits quite tightly into a matching hole in the suspension member. So, even with the loose fitting bolt removed, one has to lever or tap against the shock lower end to free it up. Nevertheless, I agree it is important to ensure that the bolts are fastened all the way and torqued properly.

Ferret, did you check / done the following?
Nothing loose in the boot side storage bins?, or in the spare wheel area?
Try rocking the rear up-down (maybe standing on the tow bar if fitted) whilst listing for clues.
Grasp the exhaust system by the end and shake or move it around listening for any clatter.
Drive with the tail gate held open a few inches to rule out the catch needing adjustment.
Underneath my rear bumber, next to the tow bar cross member, I discovered two long loose hollow plastic objects which I jammed in place by inserting some foam rubber pieces.
You could consider loosening the lower ends of both shocks, tie them out of the way and then go for a low speed test drive - is the noise still there?
Currently in GFB's garage:
2000 Scenic II 2.0 RXi

Last edited by GFB; 30th June 2008 at 07:50 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome