Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - problem opening boot

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 30th June 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via Yahoo to faz11a
Thumbs up

Hi Ralph.--Thanks so much for your trouble -
I checked with 'Parts solutions' of Rainton Bridge Ind estate Houghton le Spring- Took my model reg and year confirmed it's £39 plus VAT. Evans Halshaw, stoneygate of same town quotes £54 plus VAT?! .. er ..Right! Reg Vardy Leeds quoted £38 plus VAT.

Looks from your (kindly supplied) pics that it is just a 'screw off- screw on job which I can easily manage. I don't have a multimeter and on gut instinct and to spare hassle of finding exact motor match and re-fitting/ pulling gear of its spindle I will be printing off your parts number supplied and purchasing said item from 'Parts solutions'.

Other quotes from 'Parts gateway' - seems a very useful tool for searching breakers merchants
8200060917 23.50 Used (guarantee)90 Days (postage)£FREE £23.50 662 (feedback)100%

Just today got a chance to fit new part received days ago as from above(£23-50 inclusive post)- It was just a 2 minute job (between downpours of rain at lunch time). Boot lock now works a treat- Make sure you dont close boot in 'locked' servo position- metal arm must be free to move in slot of black plastic piece on servo when you close the boot so lockcatch can click 'shut'.
They sent just the motorised servo part of the unit which actually is all I needed and made postage ,+fitting much easier.
Thanks again Ralph.
Currently in faz11a's garage:
clio II 1.5 dci 80 initiale 2003 plate now deceased sold on

Last edited by faz11a; 8th July 2008 at 02:14 PM. Reason: updated quotes
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome