Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace - Mark 2 - Replacing steering rack * with Pics *

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 1st July 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Espace steering rack

Hi, Am full of sympathy for anyone who has been foolishly enough to change an Espace steering rack !! I must therefore be totally bonkers as I haver done it twice on the same vehicle. Bought an Espace with a serious leak on the rack and was given a secondhand good rack. Managed , after days of cursing, to change it only to find that the fluid I was given was the same colour but the wrong type hence after only one year the rack was completely kaput. Bought a second hand rack, changed it and now find that the electric windows don't work, neither does the fuel gauge. Have discovered that the cable ( 3 core ) which goes to the fuel tank passes under the steering rack and that during replacing the rack it snagged on this cable and pulled it.
Could the two seperate problems be connected by a common earth as the fuses are all OK. If so can anybody tell me where to find the earth before I go bonkers. I live in S France and it is B Hot. Berniche
Currently in berniche's garage:
Renault Espace Diesel
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome