Independent Renault Forums banner

Renault - Grand Scenic - Child Safety Locks

53K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  ottoman 
#1 ·
hi alli have just brought a scenic grand
i can not find the child safety door locks
i phoned the dealer and they said it is next to the electric window switch but the model i have hasent got rear electric windows ??
any help would be greatfuly recived

#9 ·
Usually you open the door and look were
the lock mechanism is the actual catch that
holds it shut and usually there a little catch
or leaver there.

:beer:

#25 ·
Certainly on mine (2005 Grand Scenic Dynamique) I have a switch next to the leccy window switches on the driver's door - this locks the doors from the INSIDE, as opposed to the door lock switch on the centre console which locks them from the OUTSIDE

Cheers,

RichBee

#11 ·
The child safety switch on my Lag (which has electric rear windows) is situated just behind the rear window switches on the drivers door arm but this only disables the switches on the rear doors for the rear electric windows and does not activate the actual door locks

#19 ·
I have an 05 Grand Scenic & the child locks to both disable them from operating the rear electric windows & opening the doors internally is situated below the bank of window switches on the drivers door. If you don't have rear electric windows do you not have a button below the bank of 2 for the front windows?

#20 ·
New Renaults have electronic child locks which also operates the rear window lock. I find that it is a better system than the one on the doors as i can turn it on and off from the drivers seat if i want to let people out.
This is what the owners manual for the Lag II says about those with out the switch.

Other cases
To make it impossible for the rear doors
to be opened from the inside, move
lever 4 on each door and check from
the inside that the doors are securely
locked.

If you don't have the manual for yours then go to www.renault.co.uk and register with my renault and you will be able to down load a manual.

In fact this is what the scenic manual says to do if you don't have the switch behind the window switches

Locking the doors manually
To make it impossible for the rear
doors to be opened from the
inside, move lever 2 on each door
and check from the inside that the
doors are securely locked.

#22 ·
Thats the old fashioned way.The car that was detailed is a Scenic 2 which has the new system.

Why have just a mechanical lever when you can have a solenoid,wiring and plugs,a switch and a fuse!.:rofl:

I think they call it progress.......:rolleyes:

#26 ·
The information is listed under Opening and Closing Doors section 1.09 of your user handbook.

If you do not have a handbook go to Renaults website and " My Renault " register your cars details and you will be able to download a user manual from the " Handbooks " section

For cars without Electric rear windows there is a switch located near the dash dimming/headlight aim switches

#24 ·
The information is listed under Opening and Closing Doors section 1.09 of your user handbook.

If you do not have a handbook go to Renaults website and " My Renault " register your cars details and you will be able to download a user manual from the " Handbooks " section

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.