Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - TPMS disabling-Renault Dealer only???

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 2nd July 2008
Nominated 6 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,649 Times in 1,307 Posts
Hi Chard,

This is what I did. Got a letter from the insurers to say it was fine to turn off the TPMS. Then Renault did it for me. They only charged me 35 for the priviledge as it only took them half an hour. Curiously some dealers refused to disable the TPMS system for me, I rang around about four dealers. In the end I tried the dealership that is one a mile from my house, who would do it for me.

I think Renault want this letter to save any comeback on them if say a tyre blows out which may cause an accident.

I'd advise telling your insurance about you wanting to turn off the TPMS system and ask for a letter anyway. Because if you dont and you had an accidents due to a blowout etc, and the assessors find the TPMS system turned off, ( and the insurers dont know about it ) they will worm out of the claim.

My insurers were fine with it and sent me out a letter straight away. Its covered both mine and Renaults backs !

As to the question of whether or not someone else could do it, I'd ring Nationwide Auto centres and ask, they may be able to do it as they can program the tyre sensors.

Currently in dave_mezza2006's garage:
2014 Vauxhall Astra Limited Edition 1.4 16v VVT Turbo

Last edited by dave_mezza2006; 2nd July 2008 at 09:28 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome