Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - key not working the remote central locking

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th July 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
key not working the remote central locking

My key stopped operating my remote central locking ages ago (by that I mean it would not operate the RCL using the button on the key fob) so I just used my spare key instead which worked fine. Its an 02 1.2 dynamique 16v.

I lost my keys last week and have had to go back to my original key that doesn't work remotely so now I want to get it fixed. I've read the FAQ threads on the subject but they mainly focus on reprogramming a brand new replacement key bought off ebay or whatever, and not a great deal about what to do with an original key thats stopped working.

I am about to get the battery changed, but before I do, I just wanted to get some information on it. If I start messing around with the battery and lose the code, is there a chance that the vehicle might not even start? I've read loads of voo doo about holding down the button, pressing it twice, turning around, touching the ground then baying at the moon to resynchronise it, but is this all nonsense?

Theres no way I'm giving the highwaymen at Reagroup another penny of my money, I'd sooner get used to no RCL.

Any advice please?
  5 Lastest Threads by Phirefly
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
key not working the remote central locking Electronics Karletto 3 999 4th July 2008 09:37 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome