Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

View Single Post
post #324 of (permalink) Old 4th July 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by Charenton View Post
The notification arrived in a "Recorded, to be signed for" envelope, which was just pushed through the letterbox. It appears Royal Mail are no better than Renault at doing their job right.
"Doh!" is my only remark Charenton.

Having said that, Royal Mail obtained a signature for my driving licence from DVLA when I sent it for replacement because of a change of address, but they (DVLA) still lost it and can't be bothered to try and trace it; instead they keep sending pro-forma letters telling me to send them all new application-documents and my old licence. Apparently, not only do they not write letters themselves but they don't even read the ones that we send them. In such circumstances as you describe, could it be that they did the same with my licence as they did with your Renault letter and then listed it as "signed for"? If you didn't sign, maybe you can follow it up online using the number that will have been stamped on the "to be signed for" label. It should be interesting to know.

Confucius he say "Wise Inuit never eats yellow snow"
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome