Independent Renault Forums banner

Renault Clio - Engines - Non starter

6K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Dan clio172 
#1 ·
renault clio 2000 w reg 1.4 sport help please hi everone this is the daughters car takes ages to go other times fine immobiliser light flashes and loud ticking noise from pass side normaly starts after a while not today left it on car park thanks winky

#6 ·
1.4 8v clio wont start

I dont know if I have the same problem but need help. Bought a 2000 clio 1.4 s 8v. Drove it for a while ok. Then was down on power but would eventually reach decent speed. Put on code reader and no codes shown. Now wont even start. New plugs, coil, idle air control valve, throttle position sensor, shorted out and tried to run coolant temp sensor disconnected. Disconnected lambda. compression tested ok. there is a spark. Seems running rich as when air inlet is lifted up allowing more air in tries to start and will run. Do the TDC sensors and ECT show up on code reader when breaking down? Are UCUs a common problem with this model? HELP!

#7 ·
Welcome to the forum.

As far as I know,ECU failures are unheard of on this particular car.
The TDC sensor tells the ECU in which position the engine is in and from there it knows when to spark the plugs,so it's unlikely to be this.
An ECU coolant temperature sensor fault won't through up a fault code since the ECU just adjusts fueling to the temperature that is given to it from the sensor.You really need to see the live data from the ECU to determine wether the sensor is telling the truth or not.
A faulty sensor could give a similar fault as the one your experiencing,as could a faulty Lambda sensor.If these are found to be O.K,then have the ECU tested,just in case.Other than that,I'm out of ideas.......:confused: :eek:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.