Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Uprating ICE

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 5th July 2008 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Send a message via MSN to tankface
Renault Clio 2 - Uprating ICE

I was given a lift down the pub () by my sister's friend last night and whilst in the back of his saxo (aside from getting a sore ase from the ride) the sound of his audio caught m,y ears. The Bass was present but not over-powering. All I could see was that he had a Sony HU and a set of 6x9s on the parcel shelf and some speakers in the doors. I don't know however if he had a sub.

My audio setup atm is stock - Tuner List HU, stock speakers just with the addition of the Renault Alpine Changer in the boot. To get any decent amount of bass, I have to adjust the EQ to 6 of 9 on the HU. Even so, this has to vary dependant on the track as it sometimes distorts the sound - what also doesn't hep this is that I think the passenger front door speaker is blown. I have a pretty good idea of what I want, but I'm not sure if its all entirely possible:

- Bass that's noticeable but not enough to blow your head off or give you a heart attack each beat.

- To retain the use of the steering controls. This is quite imperative as I like to keep a close control on my music

- To try and keep all audio components the same manufacturer. This isn't imperative, I just thought it might help compatibility?

- To try and retain the Alpine changer. This is the one that has my biggest doubts, although I was wondering with it being an Alpine changer - would it work with an Alpine HU even if an adapter were needed?

- To try and retain as much boot space as possible. I have seen a few slimline Subs whilst on my searches but a lot of them seem to be now unavailable (the Alpine 1600 SWD especially)

I know it seems like a tall order, but I'm just wondering if it's possible? And if so, what sort of setup would you guys recommend?

At the end of the day, I'm after sound quality and clarity at low to medium volume ranges, I don't have my music thumping - I just like to be able to listen to it without it being distorted or badly mixed.

Any advice/recommendations/tips etc is very appreciated
Currently in tankface's garage:
2006 Black Magic Seat Leon Sport TDI DSG
  5 Lastest Threads by tankface
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Seat Leon buying advice Other makes tankface 5 3402 13th June 2011 12:36 AM
Where do I stand with regards to Occupation? Insurance VelSatisfied 4 1843 13th June 2011 12:26 AM
Bouncy in second gear when cold? Engines tankface 2 1328 23rd August 2010 07:47 PM
Drink Driver Jokes & funny stuff Donald 4 1592 1st August 2010 09:31 PM
Friend's motorbike - Major engine problem Other makes tankface 11 5237 30th May 2010 05:26 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome