Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 1.6 16v 3dr T reg 1999 - immobiliser

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th July 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Clio 1.6 16v 3dr T reg 1999 - immobiliser

Hi to all on the board, joined today whilst searching for a solution to my immobiliser problem.

Going to ask a question(s), I am sure it is on the board somewhere or on some other forums but I have been searching for 2hrs and I've decided to ask in a new thread. Please feel free to redirect me to any thread that answers my questions.

As per the title you can see my car model.

Key unlocks car no problems at all. Put key in ignition and the immobiliser light will continue to flash. Can't turn car on. I have been getting by for months now by just taking the key in and out until the light goes solid and then out, immobiliser disarmed, car starts.
Recently it has been taking a lot longer for the light to stop flashing, is more of an annoyance than anything, never not been able to start my car but hate being in a petrol station with people waiting behind me. Frustrating.

What have I tried?
I used to turn the key, the engine tries to start but won't, did it once or twice without it firing, key in and out again, immobiliser disarmed, I'm on my way.
This fix was great for few months although worried might be dodging up the engine a bit, not too good with cars and what hurts them.
This now doesn't work hardly at all.

Read a thread about a program where you get car model number and the key code to get the immobiliser code for emergency starts.
Two is I cannot get either key to open up, tried everything from hands, teeth to a tap-hammer attempt.
The other is how to put the code in. Have sat in the car and held the central locking button but the imm-light flashes constant, no slow flash. Have tried this with accelerator pressed in, also with key in ignition and out. Also tried the steering wheel stalk, key in/out, accelerator down etc,...but no obvious change in flashing light to show can put in a code.
So if anyone knows how to do the code on this model car please let me know, once I am aware it can be done I will increase my efforts to open the keys for the codes.

So hopefully somone can answer/point me in the right direction for the above.

One other thing people may be able to help out with.
My passenger side elec window doesn't work, opened the door up and the mechanism is collapsed beyond repair, I need a new arm mechanism. Anyone know what the part is called technically and also what a scrap/salvage company might know it to be called ready for when I eventually go to pick up a part or make enquiries about one?

In the meantime maybe I have some information to help some people out on here regards the immobiliser.

Sometimes when I'm fiddling about trying to get it to recognise key and let me start it the immobiliser light goes solid and stays on, the car is locked down. My easy fix is to go to fuse box and pull out the white fuse and the brown fuse, give them a clean and put them back. Can then zap the car with my key and I'm ready to start fighting with the immobiliser again.

Another possibly helpful thing to try, might have read on here but think another forum. Someone said they could get their car started by putting key in, turning it and the very same time as turning it they press the button on their key.
Now, I just tried this with my car and it worked. No guarantee it will continue to work but it did this time. Unfortunately now my car immobiliser is not playing up so cannot check right now, will check in few hours when it should be playing games with me again.

My first post on here and it's massive. Hopefully some of you guys may be able to help me, I really would like to know how to put in immobiliser code for my model car.
Hopefully I've been helpful to someone too.

Look forwards to any answers

Currently in tigrepojke's garage:
Renault Clio 1.6 16V 3Dr 1999 (T)
  5 Lastest Threads by tigrepojke
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Clio 1.6 16v 3dr T reg 1999 - immobiliser Electronics DJCopa 10 3611 6th July 2008 02:18 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome