Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Uprating ICE

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 6th July 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to Azurael
I've got Juice Vibes (purely down to luck - they're 50-60 a set, and I got sent them in lieu of cheaper parts which were lost by the courier...) in place of the stock speakers all the way round in the Lag. My HU has a per-channel high-pass filter that I use to cut frequencies below 80Hz from the rears though, as they're only 4" speakers in the Lag 1 estate, and no amount spent on decent quality drivers is going to improve their reach below that frequency...

Consequently, I have a rather well balanced system that loses a lot of its bass reach when moving (converse to logic, especially at lower speeds) since it seems my clunky old fashioned diesel engine has some kind of resonance that wipes it all out!

All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Currently in Azurael's garage:
TEB64 (Cosmic Grey) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v Privilege Tourer (KG0B F4P-770)/TED44 (Odyssey Blue) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v 'Expressionale' Hatch (BG0B F4P-770)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome